The electrode paste height refers to the height from the upper end of the electrode clamp to the top of the electrode paste. If the electrode paste is too high, the coarse and fine particles in the electrode paste are prone to delamination, or the electrode barrel is damaged due to the pressure of the paste column is too high. If the electrode paste column is too low, it is difficult to obtain a dense electrode due to the pressure of the paste column is too small and the filling property is poor. The electrode paste is consumed too quickly. The proper height of electrode paste column can improve the quality of electrode baking and reduce consumption.
2、 Measurement method of electrode paste height
When measuring the height of electrode paste, a hemp rope is used. A 100mm * 50mm150mm ball made of melted electrode paste is tied to one end of the rope. The rope is about 10m long and a mark is made every 200mm
The value is taken as an example of 25500kva calcium carbide furnace.
In the above figure, a is the distance (measured value) from the top of the electrode barrel to the base of the pressure release cylinder (the upper edge of the outer sleeve of the electrode barrel), mm; B is the height (measured value) of the empty electrode cylinder, mm; C is the height of the electrode paste (calculated value). Generally, the C value is 3500 ~ 4000mm; D is the height of the electrode paste liquid, generally D value is 1000 ~ 1500mm; L is the working length of the electrode, about 1800 ~ 2000mm from the low ring to the electrode end (the L value of the internal combustion furnace is about 1500 ~ 1800mm).
The calculation formula of electrode paste height (mm) is as follows:
3、 Requirements for measuring electrode paste height
(1) The measurement shall be carried out twice per shift, once after handover and once during shift, and records shall be made.
(2) The survey positions of each shift shall be at the same position (inner triangle or outer triangle).
(3) Each shift shall determine the amount of electrode paste according to the height of electrode paste.
(4) The measuring personnel shall pay attention not to contact the two-phase electrodes at the same time to prevent electric shock.
(5) The measurement shall be accurate
Please Leave your message you want to know! We will respond to your inquiry within 24 hours!